Sunday, December 8, 2013

So What's Been Happening?!

I've been real busy with uni and assignments so I haven’t been blogging at all, but I haven’t quit gyming or given up on my diet. Anyway, I guess this post will summarize what’s been happening?!

So after 2.5 years of solid bulking I decided to do my first ever cutting diet and compete in a natural bodybuilding competition. This is me before my cut. I weighed approximately 80-83kg at around 12-13% body fat. I looked pretty bloated and was holding a lot of water weight.




After two months of strict carb cycling, high intensity interval training, and cardio, I lost roughly 10kg of fat and water weight. I also used a fat burner (Animal Cuts) which helped quite a bit too. This is me 3 days out from ANB (Australasian Natural Bodybuilding). I weighed approximately 71.3kg at around 6-8% body fat.





Since it was my first bodybuilding competition, I wasn’t expecting much, and was mainly after experience. There weren’t many competitors in my category (Junior Men U22), but I manage to get 3rd place. I also find it amusing how the show promotes natural athletes, but the guy that won had a visible GH gut when viewed on the side when he's not flexing his abs or sucking it in. Lol, there's no such thing as 'natural' bodybuilding competitions any more, and that's what I’ve learnt from my first competition. Good experience and fun though!



I got awesome support from my friends too. Thanks for coming and cheering me on guys! Also, a special thanks to Michael Stone for helping me with my posing and tanning my ass backstage. Hahaha. Shoutout to my nigghas: Michael, Debbie,  Jojo, and Cailam for being there. 


Also, another special thanks to John Burn, you’re probably one of the most inspiring and motiviating guys I have ever met. You have helped me a lot with my training and dieting, and have inspired me to compete! So this win was for you, buddy! 





After the competition was over, my appetite was through the roof. I really wanted to gorge myself with food, but I had to hold back and reverse diet to rebuild my metabolism and limit any rebound effects that may occur after being in a low carb/calorie deficit diet for two months. This is me 1 week post contest, still competition weight, weighing approximately around 70kg and no rebound effect.



I am now a firm believer in reverse dieting, but only If the protocols are followed. If incremented correctly, you can probably eat more calories than what you were used to and still stay lean. This photo was taken after I ate three hamburgers at Hungry Jack’s. It was 6 weeks post contest, weighing approximately 69.7kg! I was eating 3000 calories that week (reverse dieting from 2400 calories).


1 comment:

  1. Your blog is looking very nice and this article is very useful for men. thanks for the good advice for weight training programs!!!!!!

    Dana Point Weight training

    ReplyDelete